Thursday, April 1, 2010

Remote Healing "cured" my heart attack


This is no April Fools joke, although I wish it were.... Here is a post that I put up on a private chat room in mid-March that I thought you would enjoy… Bon Appétit!


So a couple of days ago I did a google search on "remote healing" (also known as distant healing) and got 681,000 hits (nearly all proponents of, or people offering this service). I clicked on the second non-sponsored link at www.reiki.7gen.com/healing-requests.php (Yes, there were 3 sponsored links: Crystal Clear Readings, Powerful Remote Healings, and Remote Healing Works!). Just put in location, e-mail and symptoms or disease and the group of "volunteers" will send their mystical healing powers my way. As a disclaimer, this does not take the place of a more "personalized" reiki treatment (as if that would work any better).


I typed in my real location, name and e-mail, but I put my symptoms as "dull chest pain/pressure and shortness of breath." I usually look for the best in people was hopeful that one of the volunteers might show some semblance of humanity and suggest that I go to the hospital or at least talk to a physician.


Sadly, I was wrong. Within 24 hours I had 3 e-mail messages:


#1: generic e-mail stating my symptoms and promising to heal me remotely. If I like the services, visit their website at www...


#2: "Russell, I am a Reiki Master with more than eight years of tremendous success in distance healing and changing luck. Your appeal moved me deeply. I will devote the next three days doing intensive energy work for you. You may also be interested in joining this unique group. It works!"


#3: "Dear Russell, I have success with the most serious conditions. I encourage you to visit my web site for some encouragement."


It’s sad and disappointing, but not completely unexpected. I plan on playing this out to see where it goes.


BTW, my chest just started hurting...


Just so you know, healing from a distance is something that a Reiki practitioner must be able to do to become a "Second Degree Reiki Practitioner." According to wiki: "Second Degree is able to heal others distantly (commonly called distant healing) with the use of specialized symbols."


But if you want to be a Third Degree or “Reiki Master” (like Dr. Oz's crazy wife) you must be "able to teach and attune others to Reiki."


I wonder if remote or distance healing is like homeopathy in that the "Energy Healing" gets stronger at further distances (i.e. dilute the energy down to its pure essence). Would I be better off with a healer from China, or better yet, a distant planet??? (Wow, I hope that I did not just spawn a whole new industry of "Homeopathic Remote Healing," afterall these kind of crackpots are always looking for a new way to take advantage of people and trick them out of their hard-earned money).


For anybody interested in an update... I e-mailed back to the remote healers to tell them that my symptoms were deteriorating and that I could now barely get out of bed. Why isn't their healing working? No responses as of yet. If evil exists, this is what it looks like.


DoR

No comments:

Post a Comment